Forum

In season Tournamen...

Notifications
Clear all

In season Tournament Rewards

bkkmagic
(@bkkmagic)
Active HQ Member

On the last pod the guys were briefly shooting some ideas about what some in season tournament rewards should be that reward both the fans and the team. Just wanted to open it up to see if we could spit ball some ideas here and see what happens. I think it would be cool to get automatic lottery ball spot but that wouldn't really motivate the players much. All ideas are welcome !

Topic starter Posted : 06/11/2023 10:13 pm
(@ozonemagicpodcast)
Member Admin Registered

I liked Anthony's idea of automatic home-court advantage if the team makes the playoffs.  I just think there needs to be more of an impact for fans to be involved and motivated outside of just playing for a trophy which does not mean much as of right now.

Check out the latest episode of the Orlando Magic HQ Podcast
Listen | YouTube
For all the latest Magic news and updates follow us on:
X/ Twitter | Instagram

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2023 1:42 pm
(@stephenc)
Active HQ Member

I think winning team should get pick 31, which the GMs can chose to draft, or use via trade if they wanted. I do not like the idea of giving away a playing or playoff but I do like the idea of giving them home court if they make it to the PO. I also like the league paying for a % of home game tickets sales and doing a lottery system for fans to enter for a chance to participate in it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2023 2:02 pm
bkkmagic
(@bkkmagic)
Active HQ Member

@stephenc yea I heard other people throwing ideas out there and I think it would be super cool if the NBA forced the NBA Cup game tickets to be all like 10 bucks to reward fans and really have that atompshere. I think it would be sick if the NBA partnered with some charities and got a bunch of kids and others a chance to see an NBA game for free

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/11/2023 2:25 pm
Share: